Policy Applicable to Online Activities Only
Personal Information We Collect
We may ask you for certain information referred to on this site as “personal information,” which includes information that pertains to your identity.
The personal information we may collect directly from you consists of the following:
● Name and contact data, such as, first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and other similar contact data;
● Date of birth, age, and gender;
● Payment information, such as, payment card number (credit or debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if you make a payment; and
● Comments, feedback, questions and other information you provide to us.
You may be required to provide personal information to access or use certain parts of our website or features of the site. If you do not provide the requested personal information, you may not be able to access or use the features of the site where such information is requested.
There may be other instances in which we collect information from you that is more general in nature (“general information”). Such information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which enables us to identify your computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, which includes the World Wide Web. Your computer has an IP address, which is required in order for you to communicate with others via the Internet. Such general information, including the click stream data and cookies, as mentioned below, may be collected from you whenever you access the site, whether or not you provide us with any other personal information.
We automatically collect personal information when you:
● Visit, interact with, or use our website;
● Access, use, or download content from us; and
● Open emails or click links in emails from us.
A set of website features may be accessible from web-enabled mobile devices. The intent is to provide screens that are optimized for the size of the screen and operating systems. On some devices, functionality may be limited. If you access this website through a mobile device, then we may collect information about your mobile device whether or not you provide us with any other personal information.
A cookie is a small string of information that the website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website and that information helps us to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. Cookies are also used for such activities as remembering your user name and password, if you use such a feature on this site. You can turn off all cookies, in case you prefer not to receive them. You can also have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. For both options, you have to adjust your browser settings (such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or other browser). There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the website you visit and you may lose access to some of its features.
We use absolutely necessary cookies, which allow you to move around our website and use its features; statistic and performance cookies, to collect information about your use of our website to improve the way it works; and marketing cookies, for online behavioral advertising.
We use Google Analytics to access standard metrics such as the number of website users interacting with our website, their number of sessions, what they do, when they are viewing our website, how they found our website, and how they interact with our content.
For information regarding how Google uses data when you use Google’s partners’ sites, visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
Website users may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics Opt-Out Page, https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use the Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel to follow the actions of users after they are directed to our website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. The collected data remains anonymous to us so we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, Facebook collects and processes the data for its own advertising purposes in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy, which can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
You may opt out through Facebook’s personalization settings here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/
How We Use the Information You Provide/Lawful Basis
We process personal information about you:
● To perform a contract;
● With your consent;
● For our legitimate interests; and
● To comply with the law.
We will not sell or trade your personal information and have not done so in the last 12 months.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you:
● To present the website and its content to you;
● To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
● To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
● To notify you about changes to the website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
● To allow you to participate in interactive features on the website;
● To publish our own marketing and promotional materials;
● To provide online behavioral advertising
● To invite you to and register you for events; or
● For any other purpose with your consent.
How the Information is Shared
We provide some of our services through contractual arrangements with services providers, partners and other third parties (collectively, “service partners”). Our service partners may use your personal information to operate our sites and to deliver their services. For example, your data may be transferred to website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in designing and operating the website, executing services (such as contacting you to schedule a consultation), or helping us analyze collected data. These parties will only use your data for the purpose of carrying out the work as agreed with us and will be required to keep the information confidential. We will encourage our service partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your personal information by our service partners is governed by the privacy policies of those service partners and is not subject to our control.
Our current third-party service providers are:
● Apple Store App
● Google Play app
We may transfer your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users is among the assets transferred.
Release of Information
WO40 will release personal or general information without your consent for security purposes, when required by law, or to prevent imminent harm to any person or entity. We will disclose personal or general information on receipt of a court order or subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation, which may include responding to requests and court orders from jurisdictions outside the United States. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful, as determined in our sole discretion. Release of your personal data for security purposes, as described in this agreement, to any person or entity under any circumstances shall be based on a determination made solely by us, exercising our own discretion, permission for which is expressly granted by you to us in accordance with this Policy.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements, or until such time as you let us know you would like for us to delete it or unsubscribe from our marketing contacts.
Your Rights to Control Your Information
You can unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
The CCPA provides Californian residents with the following rights with respect to their personal information:
● Right to request disclosure: to know the personal information collected about you and the purpose for its collection.
● Right to request a copy: to make a personal information request twice in a given 12-month period
● Right to deletion: to have your personal information deleted upon a verifiable request.
● Right to say “no” to sale: to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
● Right to not be discriminated against: the right to equal service and price even if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
● Identifiers: Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
● Customer records information: Name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit or debit card number, other financial information, medical information, health insurance information
● Commercial information: Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
● Internet or other electronic network activity information: Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement
● Geolocation data
For more details about the personal information we collect, see the Personal Information We Collect section above. We use this personal information for business and commercial purposes as described in the How We Use the Information You Provide/Lawful Basis section above. We share this personal information with the third parties outlined in the How the Information is Shared section above.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are covered by the GDPR, you have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries:
● Right of access: to make a written request for access to and a copy of your personal information
● Right to rectification: to have your inaccurate personal information corrected or removed
● Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): to have your personal information erased
● Right to restriction of processing: to limit the purposes that your personal information may be used for
● Right to object: to object to the processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on direct marketing, processing for scientific/historical research and statistics, legitimate interest processing, and processing in regards to the performance of a public interest or official authority task
● Right to data portability: to have your personal information transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
● Right to withdraw consent: to withdraw your consent that we handle your personal information at any time. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases. We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws.
Use and Transfer of Your Information Out of the European Economic Area (EEA)
This website is operated in the United States and the third parties with whom we might share your personal information (as explained above) are also located in the United States or other countries located outside the European Economic Area.
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By using this website, participating in any of its services and/or providing your information, you consent to this transfer.
Filing a Complaint
If you are covered by the GDPR, and you are not content with how we manage your personal information, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you are a resident, work, or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws took place.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Disclosures
Our website uses commercially acceptable security measures to prevent your personal information from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate, a secure server, and front-end security provider.
Risk of Interception
Please keep in mind, however, that whenever you give out personal information online, there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While WO40 strives to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using this site, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through this site and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the site is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
Should there be a data breach, we will notify you when we are legally required to do so.
No Use of this Site by Persons under 18 Permitted
PLEASE NOTE: We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
Links to Third Parties